Mainstreets are the beating hearts of our communities. Since 2012, through the Mainstreet SA Awards, Mainstreet SA has been recognising the great work being done to ensure that local streets, laneways, town centres and precincts continue to prosper as the social, cultural and economic hubs of their communities. Thank you and good luck to everyone who has submitted an entry into the Awards.
The Mainstreet SA Award Winners were announced at a Gala Dinner featuring mainstreet advocate Andrew 'Cosi' Costello as MC at the Sebel Playford Hotel on Friday 28 October 2016.
2016 Award categories and winners are as follows:
- LGA Outstanding Partnerships Award - Belmore Terrace Project - City of Charles Sturt
- Public Space and Streetscape Design Award - Goolwa Terrace and BF Laurie Lane Revitalisation Project - Alexandrina Council
- IGA Supermarkets Mainstreet Marketing Award - Gorgeous Henley in Winter campaign- City of Charles Sturt
- Jensen Planning + Design Events with Expenses under $50,000 Award - SA Truck and Ute Show at Mannum - Mannum Progress Association
- Events with Expenses over $50,000 Award - JOINT WINNERS - Semaphore Street Fair/Semaphore Road Business Association and Winter Wonderland/Jetty Road Mainstreet Association
- Market Award - Stirling Laneways - Stirling Business Association
- Outstanding Contribution Award - Stephen Finos
- Kelledy Jones Lawyers Best Regional Mainstreet Award - Victor Harbor
- People's Choice Award - Semaphore Road
Business associations, trader groups, Councils and event organisers across South Australia entered projects and initiatives in streets, laneways, town centres and precincts. For more details on the Mainstreet SA 2016 Award Winners click here to view the eBook.
Thank you to our 2016 Mainstreet SA Awards sponsors Fiveaa, Kelledy Jones Lawyers, Jensen Planning + Design, the Local Government Association and IGA Supermarkets.
Some photos from the evening are below: