Through the ongoing development and expansion of large enclosed retail structures, the onset of the global financial crisis and the information era in which we find ourselves, Australia’s traditional shopping strips and town centres have proven their resilience, Mainstreets remain the community hub and for this to continue a number of factors must be considered, including embracing the digital age to attract customers meeting their expectations and achieving customer satisfaction.
Registrations are now open! Click here for more information and to book.
The 2014 conference hosted by the Town of Gawler will focus on case studies, panel sessions, keynotes, presentations and walking study tours. Subthemes will include:
- Mainstreets in the country, suburban, city
- Mixed uses and retail areas
- Engaging with communities
- Streets for people – encouraging activities
- Traffic management
- Sharing the space – cyclist, cars, pedestrians
- Urban design – features that add value and/or creating a place
- Future mainstreets
- Marketing your mainstreet
- Events on your mainstreet
- Placemaking & activation
- Sustainable funding
- Economic development & sustainability
- Governance models
The Mainstreet SA State Conference 2014 presents an opportunity for companies and brands to support an event that talks directly to the South Australian mainstreet industry. To download a Sponsorship Prospectus and partner with Mainstreet SA, please click here.